Monday, November 26, 2007

ICG : Penang

Hai guys! I'm back from a long hiatus!

The reason I haven't been updating this blog is because of my busy schedule in campus. Compared to last semester, I have less opportunities to play with my camera. And even if I've managed to get some good shots, I don't have the mood to update here. It's the post-hectic syndrome in campus, hehe.

Quick update for this semester: My camera lens was mysteriously damaged during the Langkawi Field Trip in September. I use the term "mysteriously" because I have no freaking idea how it happened. As far as I'm concerned, I don't remember dropping the camera on water or hard surface. Anyway, I was left with 2 options:
a) Get a new compact camera, semi-D or Nikon DSLR
b) Get the old one repaired

In the end, I ended up with the latter option. I've decided that my maximum budget would be RM200 for repair, or else I'll get a new one. And guess what? When the quotation was released, I was informed that it would cost me tepat-tepat Rm200. Hoho...

I would love to have my own semi-D/DSLR, but at this point of time, I'm not sure whether I'm willing to invest rm2000+ on a camera, while I can use the money to buy lots of other stuffs. Like PsP, new handphone, new dekstop PC, graphic card, branded shoes, shirts, jeans and the list goes on...

So yeah. I do have passion for photography, but I'm still an amateur hobbyist. I'm not ready to spend such a large sum of money on it yet. Perhaps once I've gotten a job, hehehe.

Besides that, I'm happy with the pictures produced by my Canon Powershot A430. Well, at least for a basic compact camera. Especially with the super macro mode. Even Mellissa agrees with me on this! *grins* Yes, there are certain limitations. I can't manually adjust the aperture and focus point. Well, I'll just have treat that as a challenge to my photographing skills :P

Anyway, my first semester in Undergrade Years is officially over! So here, I'm posting up the pictures taken at the Inter-Campus Gathering (ICG) held in Bukit Mertajam, Penang. Enjoy.
















At the Bus Station















Ferry















Parish Center #1















Parish Center #2















Church of St. Anne, Penang















Fire Fall Down



















Saint Michael the Archangel



















Admin Block



















The Bell Tower


P/s: Shish... after being away from the camere for a while, I think I need too brush up my skills again. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur old camera gives superb shots toooo~^^
take care n enjoy the hols~

Josiah & Renae; said...

St. Anne nice kan? kan?
Muahahaha.
Proud to be a penangnite!
Lolx!